Avira is one of the most downloaded free antivirus in the world and it continues to raise the safety barriers for its latest version: Avira 2012.
Avira is a favorite of many users simply because it has everything one expects from an antivirus: low computer resources consumption. This is a free antivirus that runs in silent mode without affecting other tasks on your PC being aware of all incoming files to your system, from the smallest ones to the most complex ones. It works fast when scanning items, blocking the entry of any type of malware.
The new update of Avira Free Antivirus 2012 will focus on a revamped user interface and an improved installation process.
Improvements in updating Avira Free Antivirus 2012:
- Simple user interface
- Faster updates of the database.
- New detection mechanisms which “camouflage” among the system files
- Other improvements such as updating advanced features such as ant phishing, browsing behavior proactive analysis, game mode (turns off notifications while playing) and updated email protection.
Anyway, we should mention the only drawback Avira found in 2012: the time it takes to scan the system files. In my computer, it runs a slowe scan than other AV software, but this also depends on each user’s PC.
While Avira also offers a premium version of its antivirus, we recommend that home users rely on Avira Free since it has nothing to envy the commercial antivirus. In fact, the antivirus software payments are designed for companies or networks which need a more complex protection than a home user.
You might also like
Write a comment
- How to activate Microsoft Office 2010 for free
- New add-on stops you from drunk posting on Facebook [Best FB Apps]
- Chat online with MessengerFX
- 5 ways to fix corrupted Excel files
- Itunes 11: How to bring back the previous layout – with Sidebar