Computer viruses are becoming more powerful. Some of them were created to obtain information about our behavior from our PC, but other worms are much more harmful and they are able to delete all files on external hard drives, regular disks, a flash drive, etc.. This provokes a huge headache and the loss of important information, sometimes VITAL information.
What to do in these cases? The first thing to consider is that often these files are not erased completely, but “hidden” from the user, so it may be recovered in minutes with the following procedure:
Note: If the problem is on a flash drive or external hard drive it must be connected via USB.
- Go to Start / Run
- Write in the box “cmd” without quotes.
- Open the command request, which must type: attrib /?
- Press ENTER, and specifies the letter of your flash drive followed by the commands: attrib -r -a -s -h /s /d *.*
F:\attrib -r -a -s -h /s /d *.*
Then, just press enter and wait for the machine to find the hidden files by the virus. Pretty simple, right?
IMPORTANT: This method does not recover files that were deleted manually or by formatting the drive.
Finally, we will recommend prevention (of course). All PC users are vulnerable to attacks by a dangerous virus at any time, so we should always be cautious and protect our PC with antivirus software, firewall and anti-malware applications.
You might also like
Write a comment
- How to activate Microsoft Office 2010 for free
- New add-on stops you from drunk posting on Facebook [Best FB Apps]
- Chat online with MessengerFX
- 5 ways to fix corrupted Excel files
- Itunes 11: How to bring back the previous layout – with Sidebar